ANA Intercontinental Tokyo @ Tokyo


DSC_9745

Also under the same group is the ANA Intercontinental Tokyo, and possibly the oldest property of the three in Tokyo. At Roppongi-Ichome, this is in no way connected to Roppongi though it is well connected to most parts via bus.

We checked in two days before Christmas and it was a flurry of activity, never a quiet moment in the lobby.

DSC_9424


Our rather tired looking room that clearly needed some work done.

DSC_9425

Welcome amenities with Japanese sweets and a papier toy even.

DSC_9426

A toast to a fabulous stay, perhaps?

DSC_9608

Thankfully I discovered Pierre Gagnaire's bakery at the ground floor and these festive cakes were just too pretty to ignore! Pity they were not for sale otherwise I would be happy stuffing my face with these.

DSC_9612

Between the Mont Blanc and Strawberry Shortcake, I caved into those icing sugar dusted chestnut swirls.

DSC_9615


The composition of the Mont Blanc seems like a no brainer but after so many Mont Blancs, this has to be the best.

Dig deep for the almond financier, dense and chewy with hints of almond and only in Japan do I relish whipped cream this way. So good.

I regretted sharing this almost immediately.

DSC_9423 

I wish I had more time for a lunch at Pierre Gagnaire at least. Plenty of star studded dining options within the hotel.

Location, food and beverage and the airport shuttle are winning features of ANA Intercontinental. 

Comments