Crepes in Bangkok 2016

DSC_9134

I find it almost strange how enamoured I am with crepes in Bangkok - the cheaper cousin of the Shinjuku crepes which i clearly did not fancy.

Thanks to the rain, I had no choice but to satisfy the crepe cravings at the basement of Platinum Fashion Mall. It must have been these colourful and realistic looking crepe displays.

DSC_9133

The real deal - much smaller and for the first time I opted for savoury toppings - ham and cheese to be exact. Much skinnier and the ladies literally counted the slices of ham and cheese placed onto the crepe - yawn.

While it was delicious (which I attribute to the hunger), nothing could stop me from crossing the overhead bridge for the famous crepe cart.

DSC_9141

National television pride!

DSC_9140

Once again, I took the plunge from my usual order of banana peanut butter and went ahead with the pizza and cheese.

DSC_9143

Amidst the mess, something delicious was cooking over the stove.

DSC_9148

It must have been the last few orders syndrome where I stand between closing the cart and clearing stock of the ingredients because the ingredients were bountiful! Almost spilling over and like a pizza rolled into a crepe.

DSC_9152

More than double the size of the previous one and so filling!!! Pardon the excitement but it was so worth the calories - think mouthfuls of ham and molten cheese. And by the time we reached the bottom of the cardboard box, it was a soggy mess of heaven.

Comments