Restaurant Week 2015: Sopra Cucina @ Pan Pacific Orchard

DSC_5659

Somehow, Restaurant Week still piques my interest despite not so stellar experiences throughout the years. Perhaps we have gotten used to the existence of Restaurant Week so much so that many of my friends have stopped supporting altogether. Yet that said, I was still thrilled to get my passcode for my priority bookings. 

DSC_5660

The wall of copper pots that made me uber happy just looking at it. 

DSC_5663

Homemade Asparagus Soup
63 degrees Poached Egg

I like asparagus soup, infact most creamy soups. I actually mistook this for cream of broccoli, and that runny egg was perfectly sous vide.

DSC_5668

The only grouse is, bread took eternity to arrive citing reasons that it needs to be heated up. Along with it, packets of SCS butter.

What happened to olive oil and balsamic vinegar?

DSC_5666

Fresh Watercress Salad
Cherry Tomatoes, Homemade Sherry Vinaigrette

Good portions and I liked the sherry vinaigrette, all in a decent salad.

DSC_5674

Spaghetti Al Pesto
Homemade Pesto Sauce, Grilled Herb Chicken

Nothing too fancy, this tasted home cooked at best. Thank goodness the spaghetti was done al dente though, that saved the dish.

DSC_5676

Confit Duck Leg
Mash Potato, Homemade Duck Sauce

I loved the mash and orange duck sauce but the duck confit proper left little to be desired after - think a tussle between the meat and cutlery. If one had to burn calories while eating, this would fit the bill to a T.

DSC_5679

Summerberry Cake
Green Apple Sorbet

I'm a fan of the zesty green apple sorbet but the summerberry cake was all of a confusion to me. Sweet and soggy, I barely made it through to the chocolate laden layer before giving up.

$25 for lunch seems like a good deal, except this will not showcase what Sopra is capable of. Ala carte options still trumps.

Sopra Cucina and Bar
10 Claymore Road #01-02

Comments