Muchachos @ Keong Siak Road

DSC_3913

It never fails to amaze me how many new openings there are in a single week, much less a month. In fact, each visit brings me new discoveries and this time, it was Muchachos - in Spanish that reads a young man though I still cannot correlate the two to burritos, tacos and quesadillas. Did I mention this outlet is slightly over a year and I did not even realise.

DSC_3912

Straight forward fast food ordering system but the food takes longer than it would take for fast food preparation.

DSC_3911

Bottles of condiments line the walls, I say head straight for Sriracha.

DSC_3899

Gastronommy alert. 

DSC_3904

Burrito (
Rice, Beans, Cheese, Salsa, Sour Cream, Ox Tongue




DSC_3910

If the burrito had to be described with an adjective, it would be over-generous. The burrito was huge, overspilling with ingredients and taking a bite without mess is unforgivable. The tender ox-tongue was diced too small so it was missing out on some satisfaction but nonetheless very hearty.

DSC_3909

Beef Quesadilla ($11.55)
Cheese, Salsa, Sour Cream

Grilled till crispy, this was a toasted version of burrito and more manageable. I enjoyed my beef more than the ox tongue, more bite and somehow slices work better than cubes!

I'd love to try the rest of the menu - and that sold out guacamole. Uber hip place with a young crowd to match - and heaps of young couples too. Isn't messy eating one of the faux pas of dating 101? I sound like I am already outdated.


Muchachos
22 Keong Saik Rd

Comments