The Food Chapter’s Pick on Homemade Comfort Food with Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus



I recently crossed my first year of cooking in the kitchen and have definitely come a long way since my first meal of beef stew and baked eggs. I have amassed enough kitchen mishaps to even write a book and so far the Hubba is thankful he survived the first year without a single tummy upset. 2015 began on a high and very ambitious note of wanting to accomplish 52 recipes by the end of year and for sure, I was worried of not being able to even complete half but I am glad to say, I have already sailed past the 52nd mark with brilliant colours – all thanks to the variety of ingredients and noobcook recipes that make my live easier than easy.

DSC_3407



Perfect Italiano cheeses are a staple in my already bursting fridge because they offer a simple solution to my everyday meals. Fact is, homemade meals do not need to be difficult, complex, time consuming or stressful. Perhaps in my Mom’s and Grandma’s days, the mark of a real housewife is the number of hours spent behind a stove but not in my generation anymore. The true mark is being able to put dinner on the table in less than 60 minutes flat, preparation included.

DSC_3409

Today, I shall share one of my recipes for a simple tea time snack – Crispy Bacon Cheese Munchies made with Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus. This superior cheese blend consists of Mozzarella, Parmesan and Cheddar. Mozzarella gives the recipe a stretchy nature and melts beautifully, while Parmesan and Cheddar adds flavour to the recipe.

DSC_3066

2 slices of bread

50 grams of Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus
6 slices of Streaky Bacon
Tooth Picks

DSC_3067
 


As I am using an airfryer to melt the cheese, I had the bacon heated over a pan first. At this point, I was already tempted to eat my bacon off the plate – freshly cooked bacon smells just too good!


DSC_3070


Line the plate with 3-4 pieces of bacon, place a slice of bread and top it generously with Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus cheese. 

DSC_3073

Secure the munchie with tooth picks – sure looks like a hedge hog here!

DSC_3077


Preheat the airfryer at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes before sending the hog blankets into the fryer for another 12 minutes. Viola!
  

DSC_3083

The cheese ties that bind, who can ever say no to melted cheese? And air fried bread tastes even better than toasted bread.

DSC_3090

Bon Appetit!

For more ideas, log on to www.perfectitaliano.com.sg!
 

Comments