Maldivian Air: Male - Gan Island - Male

DSC_0938

Resort transfers in Maldives is supposed to be easy - at least for travellers who fly in and head to their resorts straight. For us, it took a bit more effort coordinating with the resort and finding the representative if the resort does not have a booth.

Shangrila's rep finally met us in between the path from international and domestic terminal and thereafter, everything was a breeze. Even our check in was done on our behalf!

DSC_0940

A seemingly less crowded domestic terminal.

DSC_0943

With our flight at 930am, we actually checked in slightly after 9 and still made it. Which brings me to the next point, why can't our budget airlines be more flexible?

DSC_0952

Walking to my plane and taking that flight of stairs up seems so 80s.

DSC_0958

It was a commercial flight that supposedly had full service, or so I thought when they gave our these refreshing towels. We had the priviledge of seating facing everyone, an experience that is completely new to me even for a private jet.

DSC_0976

After several bouts of turbulences and waiting for the drink service to start, it finally did after almost 45 minutes into the supposed 60 minute ride.

DSC_0969

I had these chips to thank, safely packed into our hand luggage to silence those hunger pangs miles up in mid air.

DSC_0978

Apple juice and water to make sense of our so called commercial flight. I would have expected some nuts at least!

DSC_1765

Q300, thank you for the tumultuous ride, I am so glad to reach paradise amidst rain and in a piece. On the way back, there was a further stopover at another place before hitting Male City hence we had to board the plane at 7am for a 1pm international flight.

It was times like these that I wished I booked a resort a speedboat away from the airport!

DSC_1779

This time, I had enough time to read the notices they placed in the pocket - a guide for chinese citizens holidaying in Maldives. Very basic knowledge and etiquette expected of any traveller but I suppose some black sheep would have cost the whole colony this.

DSC_1778

This time round, I opted for a mango juice with gummy texture.



Comments