Tous Les Jous @ Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur

DSC_0305

Tous Les Jous, a chain of French Asian Bakeries using ingredients from South Korea, has gone wildly popular around South East Asia. Right smack in Bangsar, it was hard to miss.

DSC_0302

The goodies that greet you at every corner in the cafe. I was drawn to their boxed cakes for souvenirs - yes IKR, Korean confectioneries from Malaysia, completely untelling of where I even went!

DSC_0301

All things french start with croissant.

DSC_0303

My Japan travels have brought me to castella cake as the popular export of Osaka and it seems that the world is equally enamoured with this Japanese sponge cake. It is a pity they have limited stock for this, I was hoping to nab at least two loaves but I only had luck with one.

DSC_0315

Castella Cake (RM 26.90)

DSC_0316

The loaf of cake was approximately 30 cm long.

DSC_0319 

Light, very fluffy and a tad sweet. The cake texture was pleasant and best eaten after refrigerating.

I wish I gave the other bakes a go, perhaps next time. Now, will Tous Les Jous add Singapore to their map of locations? 

Tous Les Jous
39-41 Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru,

Comments