Tai Hing Roast @ Jaffe Road, Hong Kong

DSC_0032

It is almost impossible to leave Hong Kong without trying their roasts and dimsum, so much so, I had to make do with Tai Hing Roast - part of a huge chain, it is almost like heading to Fairwood for Cantonese food. I am averse towards chain food somehow.

The great thing about restaurants part of a chain then is, food is available till late and that includes the highly sought after roast goose.

DSC_0024

Roast Meat Platter (HKD 64)
Char Siew, Roast Goose

For the first time ever, I fell in love with char siew in Hong Kong. Close to Meng Kee's, these melt in the mouth fatty slices were divine!

The same cannot be said of their roast goose though, missing out on the crispy skin and succulent meat. It just tasted like duck instead.

DSC_0026

Vegetables (HKD 18)

With my numerous visits, I have come to embrace blanched vegetables.

DSC_0025

Milk Tea  (HKD 19)

I had my reservations when online reviewers were raving about their milk tea and at the back of mind - wouldn't the old school eateries do this way better? Well, turned out they were right afterall. Extremely aromatic, the skills of the milk tea master was not to be underrated. I loved the smooth milky after taste of this.

DSC_0028

Spot Iron Man the Tai Hing way.

DSC_0030

Thoughtful yet very basic gestures by the kitchen team.

DSC_0029

And this mirror, perfect for spying .

Tai Hing surprised me for a chain restaurant, and infact, turned out to be one of the better meals we had this trip!

Tai Hing Roast
Shop 1, G/F, Cigna Tower, 470-484 Jaffe Rd.

Comments