Lung King Heen Revisited @ Four Seasons Hotel, Hong Kong

DSC_0326

This reservation six months ahead got me my favourite window seat and a secured table over lunch on a weekend. I must say, I struck gold. I first did not believe it when friends told me of their weekend lunch time crowds and it was also Golden Week the time I visited so reservations are a must otherwise a table lost in the dining hall gets offered, if there are even any cancellations.

DSC_0327

Same old, same old, Lung King Heen how I have missed you so.

DSC_0330

Condiments that were so good but none of the dishes required any at all.

DSC_0332

Steamed Rice Rolls with Barbecued Pork and Preserved Vegetables (HKD 88)

Silken smooth, these rice rolls are meant for swallowing and not even chewing. The char siew filling deserves another mention altogether, roast meats are also another food category that LKH does excellently well in.

DSC_0335

Steamed Lobster and Scallop Dumpling (HKD 50 per piece)

The fine handicraft starts here, the skin is paper thin yet it still holds the ingredients together so beautifully. 

DSC_0338

Lobster in my dimsum, one indulgent treat that the chefs at LKH gave justice to. Juicy morsels enveloped in a delectable skin.

DSC_0336

Steamed Shrimp Dumplings with Sarcodon Aspratus (HKD 69)

Shrimp dumplings in Hong Kong is hardly run of the mill with freshness as their key ingredient.

DSC_0340

Ingredients that seemed simple but made so right in a single dimsum.

DSC_0344

Steamed Shrimp and Pork Dumplings with Conpoy (HKD 69)

Also not to be missed were these shrimp and pork dumplings adorned with a special touch of dried scallops. A little does go a long way for these pedestrian-sounding dimsum. I never had a dimsum taste so naturally sweet before and LKH amazed me once again.

DSC_0346

Steamed Shanghainese Pork Dumplings with Crab Meat (HKD 69)

None of the 18 folds nonsense, this easily trumped the Taiwanese cousin by leaps and bounds. This juicy number leaves us craving for more and stopping at one - is not an option.

DSC_0347

Baked Barbecue Buns with Pine Nuts (HKD 69)

A must eat and it's understandably why - the golden sweet crusty tops on a savoury char siew bun is as addictive as it looks. The buttery pine nuts are but the icing on top of this cake - and I always wish I had all three to myself.

DSC_0349

Baked Whole Abalone Puff with Diced Chicken (HKD 60, per piece)

This is more than rocket science, almost sorcery.

DSC_0351

Enough oomph in every morsel - though this is really bite-sized and heaven is enjoyed this way. Just the right proportions of butter, flour and even that abalone was made bigger than it is.

DSC_0356

Lobster Fried Rice (HKD 180)

Half portions get us two decently filled bowls and umami in every bite - I already sound like a broken recorder with how much I am in love with this. In short, just go try it and live not to regret.

DSC_0359

Mini custard peaches that were not only moulded to look like the fruit yet tasted so good!

DSC_0361 

Petits four to round off the experience - more than three stars I say and definitely worth the wait.

Twice we have been charmed and almost obsessed with their lunches, a dinner is definitely on the books - I just need to monitor the ticket prices for my next trip. 

Lung King Heen 
Four Seasons Hong Kong

Comments