Famous Pinang Road Laksa @ Lebuh Keng Kwee, Penang

So then after discovering this Assam Laksa place after indulging in the famous chendol, I made a point to return the very next day to secure a bowl of this in my limited stomach space.

DSC_0263 

Arrive any earlier than 1030am and face a nearly empty stall.

DSC_0440

The action begins quite promptly.





DSC_0433


Their wall of fame and it was a split support for both their assam laksa and chendol. The aunty looked at me quite incredulously when I only ordered assam laksa and gave their chendol a miss.

DSC_0434

Almost world famous.

DSC_0436

It did not take long for my bowl of assam laksa to arrive, piping hot and beautifully presented. The vibrant colours made this dish photogenic from every angle.

DSC_0438

The mouthwatering spicyness of this dish was pleasant, mild without overempowering. Noodles were QQ with a bounce that made it so addictive. The broth was packed with enough flavour already, I cannot imagine how the last bowl of the day would be. The key to this, they let slip lies in that spoonful of prawn paste, seductively decadent. RM 4 and it left a memory so lasting I wish I can fly back every now and then just for this. T

Lipsmacking good, please do not skip this in Penang.

Famous Pinang Road Laksa
Lebuh Keng Kwee

Comments