First Love Patisserie @ Raffles City

First Love Patisserie lay claims over its Hokkaido origins, naming it a thousand layer crepe cake. It may have been around for longer than my obsession with Lady M first then Nadeje's but I was keen to check this out, regardless.

DSC_0084

Signature Original Flavour Slice Cake

Well, I always trust the original to be the best of all flavours, at least it all started somewhere. I found this too heavy on cream and the layers of crepe cake were not that complementary with the cream despite claims that they use imported french vanilla. 

DSC_0083

Chocolate

This stood out for all the right reasons - the belgian chocolate was not cloying, loved the bitter sweet after taste and best of all, so palatable.


DSC_0080

Strawberry

In the running for a Halloween-kind of dessert with strawberry jam drizzled like blood.

Unless you are nursing a crepe cake craving so strong you had to kill someone, I say stick with Lady M for a local satisfaction. 

First Love Patisserie
Raffles City Basement

Comments

  1. I prefer the original layer cake, but my husband loves the chocolate layer cake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment