Seraglio Hotel @ Istanbul

DSC_0056

The moment we step foot, I already regretted not booking this hotel for the whole of our stay in Istanbul.

DSC_0054

Just 3 storeys and a conceirge so warm, we felt just at home over cups of apple tea and tons of dining suggestions. Kudos to Celal for making us feel that Istanbul was more than what we initially thought.

DSC_0055

The very comfortable reception area. 

DSC_0057

Turkish delights, resembling pastilles, at the reception and also in our room.

DSC_0058

We had a Super King Sized bed to ourselves - the best rest we ever had in days.

DSC_0062

A basketful of amenities. 

DSC_0110

The corridor with a red carpet that let us to a wall of important people in Turkish history.

DSC_0112

Breakfast was just downstairs and it came with a live egg station, not such a great deal in Asia since that is considered basic but for Europe, it was a reason to already rejoice.

DSC_0115

Strawberries.

DSC_0116

Apples.

DSC_0133

A turkish dessert that I wish I realised earlier, this melt in the mouth delight was pretty much like suggee cookies with a flaky crunch. 

Shame on me only to be wowed by the turkish sweets on my last day but it was just so good, I ate at least four of these peanut bites. Disintegrates like a pastry and every mouth was full of peanuts.

DSC_0117

Chef at the egg station. 



DSC_0113

Cut cuts galore, I can never get enough of their cheeses served in shreds.

DSC_0119

More breakfast plates.

DSC_0132

Three sunny side ups, all greased and cooked.

DSC_0121

I stuck with my staples and squeezed in some space for an omelette, pretty well done and colourful.

DSC_0122

I probably never had this much cheese during a trip until Greece and Turkey.

DSC_0129

Figs are my favouritest kind of dried fruit.

DSC_0130

A very decent bundt cake too!

DSC_0065

Seraglio by night.

DSC_0135

Seraglio by day, in the front had a rose bush growing - so pretty!

If there is one place to stay in Turkey, I strongly recommend Sergalio, we most definitely had the best night's sleep there. It's near almost everywhere and the most important thing, away from the crazy night life. 

Comments