Edebiyat Kiraathanasi @ Sultanamet

DSC_0152


Visiting Edebiyat Kiraathanasi was one of those experiences that had me at hello over a glass pane. Like a child peering into a window full of candies, I was truly enamoured. It had to be the combination of colours that made me enamoured. 


DSC_0154


Trays like these greeted me at the entrance.

DSC_0175

More of the turkish delights for takeaway!


DSC_0155

Shelves full of memorabilia for the fans. I wish I brought back some of these pretty cups!


DSC_0156

Opulent taps and a marble sink.

DSC_0169

The opulence continues into the dining area and it was huge. The number of diners who have a sweet tooth in Turkey is substantial enough - at least for this place to sit 80 at its peak.

DSC_0157

A menu so thick, full of their sweet treats.

DSC_0158

This was the window that got me tempted. No ordinary window but one that goes from floor to ceiling, nearly.

DSC_0166

How not to get tempted?

DSC_0167 

 Too pretty to eat and the portions are humongous.






DSC_0168



The generosity spills over to their cakes - it's almost a full mini cake with their portioning.

DSC_0160

I went for the one thing I wanted to try - chicken breast pudding.

DSC_0165

As odd as it sounds and looks, the pudding was thickened like beancurd and a bite reveals shreds like these above, tasting like condensed milk. Very chewy and sweet and can probably pull off as a savoury dish gone wrong. Worth a try!

Comments