Borek Center @ Taksim Square

One great thing about the hotel not providing breakfast is, I get to gallivant and find my own - and of course have nobody else to blame if it did not turn out fabulous.

breakfast

A stone's throw away from our hotel was Borek Center, a shop that sold mainly pies. Borek is a family of baked filled pastries made of a thin flaky dough known as phyllo, or so Wiki says.

wall

The list of goodies and their prices. Easy? If only I really understood Turkish.

pies

All things baked and fresh out of the oven.

smile

Poster boy for Borek Center. I ordered based on weight and they would chop it up accordingly for me.

package

I made my orders and they were neatly wrapped in a package like that. They have indoor seating but the weather was too cold and I was barely warm in my clothes so we headed back to the hotel!

borek

A combination of beef and cheese borek for breakfast, greasy things that reminded me of prata, only thicker in dough.

Borek Center
Taksim Square

Comments