The Coast Bistro @ Big Splash

the coast

The Coast Bistro and Bar joins one of the numerous watering and food hole at Big Splash to give diners more options.


fish tank

What really drew us into the bistro was the live band that was really good, entertaining and not as over popularized. It surprised me how many languages the singer could carry a decent tune in - English, Mandarin, Cantonese and even Hokkien.

steak

Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin ($28.90)
Grilled Black Angus Beef Tenderloin with Mixed Greens, Potatoes and Sauce

I have said it before and I will say it again, beef in a bistro is like having tea in the garage - venturing into the unknown. Overcooked and puny in portions. It all seemed to us that the sides of mash was a staple, right down the the way they slapped it on each dish.

salmon

Salmon Frustration ($18.90)
Baby Kailan, Sambal Chilli, Potatoes

I find it almost tacky that the dish had such a name, however, I just give it credit due for the crisp edges, really addictive sambal chilli and oily kai lan. The bland potato mash did not work well for me.

The music was really good, food really lacking.

The Coast Bistro
Big Splash

Comments