La Barca Ristorante @ Goodman Arts Center

la barca

Goodman Arts Center is home to both La Barca and Cafe Melba. Known or benownst to the public both serve brunch on top of their dinner menus. I checked the former out this visit over the weekend and found it almost empty.

dried sunflower


There is a showcase of dried sunflowers - quite a good idea!

table soccer

Table soccer anyone? It is also kids friendly with a dedicated play area for the kids as well.

interior

Being on a furniture shopping rampage also taught me to appreciate the homeware around me.

table

Some wise words indeed.

flowers

Cheery posies for the weekend!

roast beef

Slices of Roast Beef, with Salad and Scrambled Eggs ($26)

I felt these were sliced too thin, almost carpaccio but with such a pretty pink I really cannot fault the chef. More of a salad than a mains though.

cheese toast

Mozzarella in Carrozza - Italian Toast ($22)
Mozzarella filled savoury toast, homemade chicken sausages, cannelli beans, hard boiled egg with pink sauce, roasted potato wedges

sausages


Gotta love them juicy meaty homemad sausages!

cheese toast 

And there was a savoury toast that reminded me of stuffed french toast.

Food was more than decent, very tranquil and deserving of a Saturday morning. I would love to be back!

La Barca Ristorante
Goodman Arts Center

Comments