Nassim Hill Bakery Revisited @ Nassim Hill

nassim hill

Brunch beckoned yet again and I really wanted somewhere with guaranteed hearty brunch fare - so Nassim Hill came to mind. Sunday mornings are the best times for brunch but I definitely will not say the same for Saturday afternoons where every single Orchard dweller and shopper seem to all rise at the same time.

Mind you, it was way past 2pm but still so full of people. I count my lucky stars to even nab a long table counter seat.

coffee

Black coffee for the man whilst I had my eye on the biscotti. If only these did not cost $12 a bag, I would have gladly purchase some.

salad

Nassim Hill Caesar ($14)
Romaine lettuce, avocado, croutons, crispy bacon, shaved parmesan

The whole avocado was the winning statement for this huge bowl of greens - freshly shelled and sliced. Bacon chips, mayo, egg and avocado can hardly go wrong and for this, it was just too good.

steak eggs

Steak and Eggs ($22)
150gsm US Angus prime sirloins teak topped with two sunny side up eggs, served with homemade entrecote sauce


Back with a greater vengeance after I was blown away by it for the first time. This time round it was less outstanding with an extra chewy slice of beef, perhaps from the tendons that were well tucked.

double patties

Nassim Hill Double Patty Burger ($21)
Two juicy all beef patties layered with housemade special sauce, grilled balsamic onions, lettuce, tomatoes on a lightly toasted sesame bun with a side of fries

burger 

I was well stopped in the face of a double patty burger. For once, I choose beef patty over steak. Well charred patties, buttered bread buns and a stack of greens so luscious - hearty stuff.

Another well deserving brunch at Nassim Hill Bakery, I am raring to be back already. 

Nassim Hill Bakery
56 Tanglin Road

Comments