Cafe Nadeje @ Mahkota Parada, Melaka

Nadeje open since 2000 has been making legions of fans all over - even those in Singapore have been converted, way before Lady M had any slightest inkling of opening a shop in our sunny shores. Our Caldecott Queen, Zoe Tay, had in some article claimed that this was the best and she would head to Melaka to pick up some of these gorgeous cakes.

2 outlets each in Melaka and Selangor and it is seemingly not enough to feed the insatiable appetite of their fans.

I headed to the outlet at Mahkota Parade quite merrily, thinking very naively that we can have tea at 3pm. Only to be met by queues like these. 

queues

Trust my eyes to do a double take when we saw the queues at Nadeje. Two different queues and both equally long. The smartest way to handle this is to head for the takeaway and find a seat outside to tuck into the prized crepe cakes.

I joined the dine in queue with under twenty people before me and it took us one scorching hour under the shelter waiting for our table. 

drinks

Cranberry Yakult (RM 5.80)

The heat must have gotten to me and I ordered this chiller to quench the thirst. It was really really good!

original

Original (RM 10.50)
Homemade custard cream, Tahitian Vanilla beans, Fresh Cream

A number of flavours were already sold out by this time and I was glad the original was still mostly in tact. I shall cut short the chase and say this is the best crepe cake I have ever eaten, trumping even the one from New York.

Layers are so moist, fluffy and defined and the cream, oh god, the luscious layers that makes sin so faraway. Imagine my Dad of all people licking the plate clean, you know we are all converts.

praline

Praline Lover (RM 10.50)
Crushed paste and caramel hazelnuts

For all of the above reasons, this is for those who love a nuttier texture in the crepe cake.

azuki matcha

Green Tea (RM 10.50)
Homecooked red beans

I love my green tea mellow, and if red beans were part of it, bursting with red beans. This, fulfilled all to a T.


choco chip

Double Chocolate (RM 10.50)

Double the fun, double the sin. Chocolatey layers with chocolate chips too - man, I wish I had space for all their flavours.

salad 

Grilled Chicken Salad (RM 9.50)

Costing almost the same as crepe cakes meant that I rather eat my cake than greens. It was a really hearty salad nonetheless, very decent and tasty.

Yes indeed, famous across the Causeway and back. Please just come to Singapore already will you?

Cafe Nadeje
Mahkota Parade


Comments