Burger + Wings Bar (BWB) @ Orchard Central


bwb


Burger + Wings Bar also known as BWB has flung open its doors at Orchard Central, joining the rest of the dining gems on the 11th storey. A brainchild of Kitchen Language, this new American style restaurant, it looks set to spoil the tastebuds of diners with a comprehensive menu of burgers.

package

Tyson Peanut Butter Burger ($21.90)
Stockyard angus beef, streaky bacon, arugula leaves, creamy peanut butter, sunny side egg, cheddar cheese, sundried tomato, brioche bun

peek

Fair enough it was a heavy weight not to be trifled with. I tried eating with my two hands and ended up creating a greater mess.

peanut butter

The patty was supposed to be "medium" but came "well done" anyhow, the brioche bun was crispy throughout so well done on that but the rest was a sweet case of too much peanut butter with a whole lot of confusion.

burger

Ideally, a good burger would still stand out despite contrasting ingredients. The chef could throw as many ingredients as possible but all would end in a happy union ultimately.

Top up $4.90 for a buffet spread that includes a variety of salads, sides and dessert. Since glutton is the middle name, we both had the buffet option.

mushroom soup

Mushroom Soup tasted straight out of the can with tons of chicken stock - apt moment for chicken soup for the hungry soul.

salad

Salads

salad

There were a number of greens with dressings, green apple salad and potato salad to choose from for those attempting to eat clean.

more

Creamy salads were wiped out from the table too quickly. 

poached egg

Ponzo poached egg that seemed like a mismatch in the buffet spread yet it was a runny delight. 

nachos

I was tempted by the baskets of nachos and tortilla cups that they placed with salsa and wasabi aioli. Salsa was the bomb which I found later went well with my burger too!

popcorn

Popcorn was freshly popped and I ate one too many, reminded me of the old school cinema popcorn boxes that I would stuff myself silly with. 

Beef Stew and Mash were ordinary.

dessert

I had my eye on the peanut butter panna cotta that was gone too soon from the dessert corner and was further disappointed with pandan and butter cakes and fruit jelly. There is also icecream available with enough toppings to make any kid happy.

The strange thing is, I left with a good impression of the delicious old school sweet popcorn and the nachos yet none of the burgers. It may have been a wrong choice but I have had better elsewhere.

Burger + Wings Bar (B.W.B.)
Orchard Central 11th Storey

Comments