Mikuni Revisited @ Fairmont Hotel

I always associate Mikuni with celebrations – well somehow I always head there to celebrate an occasion.


Prawn crackers to kickstart every Mikuni meal, they should really sell these by the bottle. 


Wine for the night.  


A lovable white that pretty much went well with every dish we ordered. 



Truffle Kampachi ($30)
Yellow Tail, Yuzu, Black Truffle Soya, Lily Bulb, Micro Cress

A Mikuni classic that’s just too good to ignore that we gave up ordering this at Savour 2014. Yuzu and truffle has to be the best combination ever, every single attempt is just too memorable!


Wasabi Kaki ($26)
Oysters, Red Wine Vinegar Sauce, Wasabi

Fat oysters shucked beautifully and ready to slurp – I have to admit the red wine vinegar sauce and wasabi was an oral pleasure. 


Slurp!





Kawaki Mono ($28)
Sun Dried Puffer Fish, Sardine Paper, Stingray

Fish presented three delicious ways.


Mikuni Maki ($26)
BBQ Eel, Cream Cheese, Caviar

My favourite amongst their range of makis, eel, cheese and caviar spells enough oomph in satisfaction. 


Grilled Vegetables ($18)

A decent plate of teppanyaki vegetables. 


King Crab Fried Rice ($18)

Every single visit since the day I attempted this has to have King Crab Fried Rice. This was a tad bland but with a dash of shoyu, it was all good. I love the generosity of crabmeat and wok hei of the rice. 


Kagoshima Wagyu Beef Done ($48)
Wagyu Beef, Onion, Crispy Egg, Dried Seaweed, Rice

Incredibly tender cut that got our tastebuds spoilt. One luxurious treat that was marred by an overcooked egg which should have completed the stunning display. 


Chanko Nabe ($45)
Seasonal Seafood, Miso Broth

I usually shy away from hotpots because the ingredients are hardly fresh enough for me to classify them worth a while. Then comes Chanko Nabe of course, a full bodied broth with a lovely smokey fragrance and plethora of ingredients to make any seafood lover smile in delight. Indulge in homemade meat and fish balls, salmon chunks, shell fish and even white cabbage to make this a hearty number. 


Matcha Adzuki ($25)

Green tea dusted green tea rolls with chestnut icecream so rich and smooth, I would not mind getting three luxurious scoops to satisfy the craving.

I expected my meal to end on the note of petit fours as they always had but this time, we saw none of it. A major disappointment I must say, a sweet finish that I was most certainly looking forward to.

Comments