Basilico Revisited @ Regent Hotel

My posts are terribly uncoordinated with the real life happenings and the biggest day of my life happened sometime early Feb. A new transition from Miss to Missus and Regent was the fairytale dinner ended. Getting married has to be by far the most exhausting process ever - when I was already considered a real chill bride.

We opted for breakfast at Basilico two days in a row instead of the in room dining, which was definitely the right choice for gluttons like us. 



The oriental section.



Grilled vegetables.




Fruits galore.



Muffins all on display.



More of the delicious bakes.




Here is a combination of honey baked ham and bacon, both are sooooo good!



Eggs done any style you fancy - slurp! I wish there can be a truffled egg station though. I fell in love with the cheese scrambled egg that was cheesy, runny and buttery all at once. A pity the egg chef was inconsistent with his magic creations.



Rocket salad for the fiber!



Their cheese selection gave me too many choices.



And a trio of dips, so delicious!



I created my own rice bowl with a selection of ingredients from the buffet table. These big head anchovies are so rich in flavour, my plain rice was the best accompaniment.



I completely ignored the noodle live station the first day and completely lived to regret when this proved to be the best noodle live station ever! This is a vegetarian noodle with just mushrooms and shallots, on the sweet side but really hearty.



Here comes the bomb - A really hearty soupy noodle dish that changed my impression of fishball noodles completely. Worthy of seconds that I had!



Sweets always rock the appetite. Special mention goes to the moist banana bread and crunchy biscottis.



Fluffy mini pancakes with blueberries. 




I cannot wait to be back for my anniversary stay and another of the yummy Basilico buffet.

Comments