Symmetry Cafe Revisited @ Jalan Kubor



The backlog from 2013 is heaping so high, I figured I better interrupt my Europe posts to properly end the last festive season before I welcome the next in just a couple of weeks!

Christmas brunch at Jalan Kubor was a happy affair - the cafe was not as overflowing with people as it usually is. I suppose people tend to over eat and drink hence the morning after hangovers.



I miss christmas already.



The menu was hardly different, infact it was just the material the menu was printed on that varied.



The cafe grows on me with every single visit.



A thoughtful festive reminder.



Prawn and Courgette Popcorn ($17)

This has to be my staple appetizer from Symmetry, a pity this time that these were not served piping hot. Nonetheless, really prawny bites with a delectable mayo dip.



Egg nog ($16)

The potent egg nog with enough alcohol to send anyone back into a hangover. Lethal enough for a dinner drink but way too much for breakfast. Loved the candy cane touch that made christmas extra naughty - alcohol and christmas always goes hand in hand.



Hickory Corned Beef and Hash ($22)

Corned beef and mash always works for me.



Watching the egg yolk flow is such joyful business - mix everything up for a belly happy dish. I have to admit the MSG tossed in is too much.



Big Breakfast ($24)

Scrambled eggs and the perfect yellow.



In its full glory, everytime there's brunch I seem to eat my fill of eggs for the whole week.



Waffles ($16)

The must have waffles - every.single.visit. Still as awesome with its crispy exterior and fluffy interior. Peanut butter and nutella are such perfect buddies.



Not forgetting the mount of cream and icecream that makes this sinful and irresistible all at once.

I could get charmed over and over again but the moment I walk out, I still want to head back. I look forward to a dinner perhaps here - until they next decide to change their brunch menu.

Symmetry Cafe
Jalan Kubor

Comments

  1. Nice review, thanks for sharing! There is this map called CafeSG that lets you find all the cafes in Singapore! Super useful for cafe hopping and to find cafes near home and workplace.

    http://cafesg.bigspoon.sg/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment