Twelve Cupcakes...the love continues

So the fanatic craze of Twelvecupcakes did not end as yet and even with the saga that spiralled out of control because of an irate ex-employee, I am still happily chomping my cupcakes with must gusto. So here's a chowdown of their other flavours...! If only they would stop increasing the flavour list.

trio

Always a reason for tea.

red velvet


Red Velvet

The best red velvet on our sunny island time and again I say, and amazingly still so good! The light cream cheese with red cocoa flavoured cake is pure heaven on earth. Somehow this flavour tastes just right in this proportion, layered cakes tend to be an overkill. 

Sticky Date

I was thrilled to find this flavour available - seasalt caramel sauce with sticky date seems like the ultimate dessert in cupcake form. Loved the sticky seasalt caramel sauce with banana cake and the major surprise appeared in the form of mashed dates at the bottom. Sweet touch and ended up a tad too sweet!

chocolate banana

Chocolate Banana

Never attempt this infront of a monkey, the mashed bananas are a lovely neutralizer to the rich chocolate cake.

cookie and cream

Cookies and Cream

I could just be a chocolate convert for their moist chocolate cupcakes - oh yes, not forgetting the pimple outbreaks to ensue. The light vanilla buttercream with oreo was a joy too.

rose on rose

Rose on a Rose

This March monthly special was more like lychee-bandung somehow.

lemon

Lemon 

Light as a feather and the lemon rind made it extra refreshing. Perfect for those who do not want to taste sin.

strawberry

Strawberry Vanilla

It has to be my aversion towards strawberry flavoured anything so this did not work for me.

chocolate


Chocolate Vanilla

I suppose chocolate worked better since it is predominantly chocolate.

penut butter

PB Jelly

I would love it in a sandwich and now I've got it in a cupcake! The peanut butter could do with a weebit more decadence but the jam does provide a lovely textural contrast. 

cuppies

Salted Caramel

The distinction between sweet and savoury is hardly as desired but I usually wave it off as a sweet cupcake.

chocolate caramel

Chocolate Salted Caramel

This ended up more sweet than the normal Salted Caramel.


cupcakes

Rainbow Vanilla

I think this suits the theme of ponies and unicorns to a T with the sweet coloured speckles. Another of the rather ordinary flavours but visually appealing to the inner child.

DSC_0066

Apple Caramel Cinnamon

A spiced cinammon cake with apple slices embedded, this fell into a category of airyfairy.

Getting lost in a box of cupcakes is all I ever want to do on a blue Sunday. Infact, I still get all wide eyed at the display of flavours right before me each time I head to their outlets.

For all the celebrity opened restaurants that have failed and caused some apprehension, take a leaf from twelvecupcakes - they have perfected the recipe for success, hopefully they keep up with the great work and perhaps put us on the same map as Bengawan Solo has for pandan chiffon. Prices have increased a fair bit so until the next increase, I may just have my share of all flavours first!


Twelve Cupcakes

Comments