NESCAFE Launches Smoovlatte!

Special thanks to Nuffnang for the invite and Nescafe for hosting us!

A Nescafé Smoovelatte launch party cum art jamming session as held at The Artistry.

Nescafé Smoovelatte was unveiled - a smooth-as-silk milk coffee made to velvety creamy perfection in a convenient ready to drink PET bottle that makes for an ideal pick-me-up indulgence while on-the-go. I found it easy to drink and definitely to pack around given its compact size. Stuffing it into my handbag was so easy - light as a feather and so compact!

DSC_0216

Cute like a button. 

DSC_0224

Labelled for each of us to take swigs off as we painted.

DSC_0227

Smooth as silk, this latte is - I kid you not. This would and will give over the counter lattes a run for their money - sans the latte art that usually sells. 

DSC_0225

Complete with smoove and groovy tunes from the saxophone and keyboard.

Come December, Nescafé Smoovelatte ($1.30) will be launched at 7-Eleven and in January 2014 hitting all leading convenience stores, petrol marts, supermarts, hypemarkets and retail stores nationwide.

DSC_0213 

Also at the launch was an art jamming session that saw me almost breaking out in cold sweat fretting over what to draw. My impression of such a session was aided and when the instructor told us to let our imagination run wild - I started panicking. The last time I ever reached for a tube of paint or even a paintbrush was more than a decade back and art, definitely is not in my genes somewhat. 

DSC_0222

Armed with my tools, I tried to paint a smooth painting.

DSC_0249
  Thank God for google - I found something gorgeous to replicate - at least in those aided sessions everyone had a piece to follow! Brush by brush I nervewreckingly completed my first art jam piece - mighty pleased though nowhere near the masterpieces that the artyfarty bunch produced. 

DSC_0251

My first brush - contemplative but I had to start since everyone's brushes were so busy moving!

DSC_0260

Somewhere down the line I kind of played with enough colour and decided to draw the outline of my cone. 

DSC_0267

And then more..

DSC_0268

Spot coffee being incorporated into my painting!

DSC_0269

The completed not so masterpiece but so satisfyingly so. 

DSC_0274

So then, it was enjoyable despite the stress - fueled by Nescafé Smoovelatte!

DSC_0277

The inspiration and inspired piece. 

DSC_0278

A peek at the other artistic pieces!

DSC_0282

Beautiful aren't they?

DSC_0284

The winning piece by Zoe Raymond, congrats girl! 



DSC_0229





Food was provided by the lovely folks at Artistry - a starter platter of bites and a side of pasta. It could be hunger or painting under duress that made everything taste so delicious. 

DSC_0234

The crumbed crab cake deserves some major mention here - chockfuls of crabmeat stuffed within and deepfried. 

DSC_0235

Pasta that pretty much helped to keep us filled while we brushed away. 

DSC_0219

Apart from being a stockist for Windowsill Pies, they also have a variety of other bakes. 
DSC_0286


If there is anything I took away from the session; art is still not my cuppa coffee, Smoovlatte will be crowding up my fridge this Christmas!

Comments

  1. Nice try on the art! At least you got the free food and smooth Nescafe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment