Halloween Nights 3 @ Universal Studios Singapore

I must be a closet Halloween fan though I've never attended a single Halloween party nor dressed up for it so then the closest I can ever get is to attend Halloween fright fests like those organized by Universal Studios and the likes.

welcome

Into its second year, I enjoyed it enough last year to book tickets early for this year's.Three haunted houses once again. Somehow what I didn't learn was - the neverending queues.

cart

The same drink cart that tempted me last year! It was back to haunt since I regrettably did not attempt any.

crowds

The entrance was disappointing since they shifted the exhibits elsewhere - what a waste of space!

Possessions

House No. 13 for Sale! Some say that the occupants of this crumbling mansion are recluses, but the horrific truth is they are imprisoned here by Evil Spirits. Their dream home is just a memory. Enter if you dare – but brace yourself for a house-viewing like no other as the tables have turned!

75 minutes in line as indicated on the meter but the actual queueing probably took longer.

drink cart

Bags of drinks. 

blood pack

Thank goodness for my blood pack ($13) of a terribly brain freezingly sweet mango peach juice that sustained and entertained me through the waiting time.Seriously, 75 minutes on foot and inching at snail's pace is no joke - no wonder some tweens ended up playing games from the iphone - charades on the go, I call it.

water theme park

The view of the water theme park that reminded me of the attraction I missed the last visit.

queues

This is an idea of the humongous crowds.

The attraction was scary though predictable - maybe one time too many? Reusable tricks of slamming doors, bales of cold wind, water sprinkles and flickering lights.

Convention of Curses

Witness the magical and the unimaginable as witches, wizards, and practitioners of the dark arts gather at the world's 366th Annual Convention of Curses. You will be mesmerized by their ghastly rituals. Stare if you must, but mind your manners- lest you invite the casting of a curse on you!

DSC_0090

The spooky exhibits.

spooked

And I stole a picture with one wandering soul.

Songs of Death

A starlet's songs of vengeance turn into a spine-chilling requiem for her troupe. Step into the once flourishing Chinese Opera Academy and re-live the bloody massacre by a vindictive prima donna – The Maiden of the Opera.

I enjoyed last year's chinatown set up but with the short time I had, I gave this a miss and opted for the last house that I missed last year.

halloween

Throw me an Edward Cullen to make the price tag worthwhile!

spooky

Somehow everything under the halloween sheen looks spookier.

Adrift

A storm-battered ship is found mysteriously adrift after being lost at sea since 1910. The crew has vanished yet an unexplained presence lingers. On a ship once thought to have disappeared in the dark depths of the ocean, the past is never truly dead.

120 minute wait for this was deluding with a queue that actually moved, as compared to Songs of Death. I could have gone delusional with the waiting, cursing and swearing and watching the fast pass holders whisk past us - at a lovely premium of $80 at the door. That's an extra ticket with food by the way.

While the concept was interesting - a shipwreck but I was hardly scared enough to shriek into the arms of another or beat up another out of fright.

Once is enough, the frustration of waiting in queue probably killed any other interest there was in Halloween at USS. Perhaps a fast pass next year or another spooky event elsewhere.

Last year's experience here!

Halloween Nights 3
Universal Studios Singapore

Comments