Malaysian Food Street Revisited @ Resorts World Sentosa

I definitely have to blame Jamie's Italian for this visit since they issued an "1-1.5 hours waiting time" on us. The foodcourt was as usual brimming with people from all walks of life - literally an eye opener every time I am there. I witnessed a local eating chicken rice with his bare hands infront of me, a sight that is a first for me. Another getting defensive over a chair and the list continues.

chicken



Rice Ball Set ($4.50)


rice


Yellow skinned chicken with a side of five hand pressed rice balls and chilli. Chicken was ordinary as can be but the rice balls with chilli delicious. A strange preference for me but it places our big names high up on the radar.

lor bak

Ah Long Lor Bak
Lor Bak Set ($8)

I love my ngor hiang, particular the pink hand rolled sausages but this was not included in the set which was a plate of deep fried items - yam, fish ball, tofu, ngoh hiang and a prawn fritter.

chilli

The dip was a confusing blend of chilli paste and vinegar which did not go too well with the dish itself.

two 

Minjiang Kueh ($1.50)

By the time I made my order the other flavours were sold out, other flavours read gula melaka, banana and cheese. Very different from the usual thick batter based ones, this crisp pancake scattered with crushed peanuts was actually a delight.

mjk

 I prefer this to the crunchy pancakes that are sold here as it is the best of both worlds.

 mess

Mess, guaranteed.

laksa

Penang Assam Laksa ($5)

A favourite the first time round and we made a quick beeline for this to at least end the meal on a belly satisfied note. Somewhat lacking in punch this time though the ingredients were the same - tuna, thick laksa noodles right down to the herbs. Inconsistency I attribute it to.

drinks from daiso


Reluctant to be fleeced by the drinks stall, we bought our own from Daiso! Higher satisfaction, lower post purchase dissonance.

With most of their stalls attempted, I am not so sure of another return so soon. Standards are inconsistent and queues neverending, onward to the next food center on the list!

Malaysian Food Street
Resorts World Sentosa

Comments