Girl Guide Cookies

I was not a girl guide through my schooling years - not even in the uniformed groups but I always wondered about the fuss of the Girl Guide Cookies for charity. Infact, it is termed the Cookie Project - To fund many events and activities – programmes that benefit Brownies and Guides – enabling them to grow, learn and develop outside the classroom environment including engaging with their peers from around the world.


tin 

A selection of mint cream, chocolate cream and cornflake cookies were up for grabs this year and we went for mint cream!

girl guides

Not too perfect cookie but who cares when it's dressed in chocolate?

mint choc

Khong Guan biscuits dressed for a good cause and while this tasted quite like colgate cookies, I have been nibbling on them religiously to bring back some memories.

To find out more and maybe order a tin next year!

Comments

  1. My family has been buying girl guide cookies for years. (My sister was a girl guide, so no choice.) and I always thought the cookies are super delicious! Try everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @footprintsallover: SERIOUSLY???? Since when were you a girlguide!!!

    @rubbisheatrubbishgrow: LOL, which is your favourite flavour??? Yeap, going to try everything next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. during my secondary school days! the tins used to be blue, to match our uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @footprintsallover: now that you mentioned!!! Tht's why I didn't buy...cos they were in blue tins! have an aversion towards blue anything for food..not that the cookies were even blue in colour. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment