Yong Huat @ Alibabar Eating House

Established in 1949, they have been frying up a storm since then. They shamelessly slap on each dish with a side of crunchy lard bits that I find myself so sinfully indulging in. Char Kuay Teow, Mee Sua and Hokkien Mee form the lard-y sinful repertoire.

hokkien mee

Hokkien Mee ($4)

I know a good Hokkien Mee when I meet one and Yong Huat falls in that category. The proportion of yellow noodle to laksa noodle is skewed but heck it, I love it. Please smear the noodles with their chilli paste, no regrets thereafter. Three malnourished shrimp but who cares when the noodle is the bomb.

oolong tea

Wash it down with expensive oolong tea ($2), actually ciders and lagers could be a more affordable option.

lime juice!

Lime Juice that was hardly any cheaper, at $2.50 but always good for a warm night!

They hang up their wok up by 7pm daily so catch them while you can! 

Yong Huat
Alibabar Eating House

Comments

  1. I've been wanting to go there! Is the tau kwa pop still there?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @dairycream: nooope! no longer there :( I miss it too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment