Gobi Desserts @ Joo Chiat Road

Stress must have been the main driving force of this purchase. I know Gobi for its platter of desserts that make choosing the most difficult job on earth - I hate having to face of box of sweet nothings and falter at the deciding moment.

Also part of their mind boggling delicious looking treats are macarons.

box

One box of. 

macarons

Colourful pops of sugar.

more

I think photographing them brought me greater joy.

more

I spot a macha flavour with the green tea powder scattering on the shell.

nom

The bad thing is, I can barely remember by colour which flavour. 

For prosterity's sake I am compelled to list the flavours in the box, with duplicates of course. 

Chai
Macha
Morgan Blend
Chamomile
Rose
Black Sheep
Orange
Strawberry
Pineapple

Truly, based on colours and flavours I would not have been able to remember all. If there's one flavour that stood out it had to be pineapple for me with a different grated pineapple filling instead of the oh-so-forgettable buttercream or chocolate cream. Fact is, I never quite got over Pierre Herme's ingenuity, which could be unfair to other aspiring macaron bakers and I am quick to add, I can identify a eureka moment that usually goes along the lines of - Ah hah! That was mad delicious.

Their crisp sugar shells and buttercream filling tend to end up being all sweet without bite. The chewy texture I sought after was unfortunately only present in orange which we fought for the last piece.

Not the best, neither the worst...mediocrity for these little sugar pops. 

Box of 12, $29.80

Gobi Desserts
Joo Chiat Road

Comments

  1. Just want to let you know you are doing an amazing job with this blog and I look forward to reading your posts almost everyday. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @voraciousappetite: thanks for reading! :) It's comments like these that makes blogging worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment