Wedding Lunch @ Swissotel Merchant Court

ballroom

Being of marriageable age since a long time ago, weddings are life's ways of saying I need to save  up more. Another who joined the M-Club had her wedding at Swissotel Merchant Court. I have had events and buffet meals at Swissotel, but not attended a wedding.

I suppose planning a wedding too makes me extra observant about the details. High ceiling for one which makes the ball room look huge and no pillars - hooray! These will all come in a separate entry. Nonetheless, Swissotel Merchant Court's was a surprise!

roses

Roses and pearls make every wedding romantic.

setting

I look forward to the favours at every wedding in a bid to complete my collection! I wonder when I can get a complete set of cutlery, very frivolously.

favours

A choice of either.

lock

Heartshaped lock or a photoframe coaster - I cannot quite imagine putting a hot beverage on my photo. Defeats the purpose of even slotting in a photo don't you think?

red

Let the free flow begin! Red this time to go with the dishes that were mostly white meat.

cold dish

Five Treasures Cold Dish Combination
Prawn Salad, Money Bag, BBQ Pork Coin, Jelly Fish, Roast Duck

cold dish

I liked the BBQ Pork Coin best, reminds me of CNY. Roast duck was particularly soggy.

abalone soup

Shredded Abalone Soup with Crabmeat Conpoy and Dried Mushrooms

Standing strong with their no Shark's Fin policy, here's an equally flavourful abalone soup. It is strange then that everyone reached for the vinegar and pepper when it was not Shark's Fin soup - habit methinks.

rice krispy

Roast Crispy Chicken with Thai Rice Crackers


chicken

Thai rice crackers stole the show with the sweet glaze on it. Overall a really decent chicken dish though it ended up a tad sweet.

fish 

Steamed Seabass in Superior Soy Sauce

The fish was steamed too much, ended up mushy. Eew!

I left prematurely and missed the other seemingly more delicious dishes!

Wok Fried Prawns with Brocolli in Yam Ring
Braised Black Mushrooms and Spinach
Braised Eefu Noodles with Crabmeat and Egg White
Yam Paste with Gingko Nuts and Pumpkin

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Sim once again!

Comments