Dumpling Festival 2013: Hai Tien Lo

xo bakzhang

The pick for our families this year - Hai Tien Lo's. Premium rice dumpling filled with dried scallop, pork belly, barbequed duck, Japanese mushroom, egg yolk, lotus seed, chestnut, green bean and Thai glutinous rice.Serving four to five, priced at $28.80++, it is a mighty steal.

I loved it to bits. Albeit a tad salty but the flavours were absolutely-orgasmically spot on. Every mouthful seemed to get me a different type of meat or ingredients. Pork and duck in one dish - supremacy. Hai Tien Lo seemed to have redeemed themselves completely after Pan Pac's major makeover, I cannot wait to try their restaurant soon!

Well maybe repeats next year!

P.s. I can never get on the line or remember to place my order for Hoo Kee's, a perpetual sell out. It's like the L.E. Cafe of rice dumplings. Boo. Better luck next year then (again I say!).

Comments