Paul's Revisited @ Takashimaya

We decided to check out Paul’s to see if the queues were still as ridiculously long – I guess that is the beauty of time, it wanes the crowds and makes dining in easier. I’ve always found dining at Paul’s an annoying experience from getting a seat to menu to food and checkout.

croque monsieur

Croque Monsieur ($17.90)

Smelt great, at least. I always wish for more cheese on my croque monsieur and the chef is hardly liberal. Truth be told, this is usually a ham and cheese sandwich that attempts to wow. And I fall prey, again.

pear flan

Apple and Almond Tart ($6.90)

I thought their tarts were mediocre, that’s possibly before I tried the flan which fell flat. Sour apples meets mismatched egg custard.

Once again disappointed from start to end. No return soon I hope. It baffles me to no end that I can consistently pick items that disappoint.

Paul’s Revisited
Takashimaya

Comments