Extra Virgin Pizza @ Asia Square

extra virgin

With the opening of Extra Virgin Pizza eons ago, I set my mind to visit then. They are usually packed during lunch and with the crowd at The Exchange, I wonder why the crowd was missing here – especially when it is cosier and service is tons better. 

crowd

Something about the cosiness that made it so attractive.

proscuitto

Prosciutto and Arugula ($26)
tomato, mozzarella, prosciutto di parma, baby arugula, parmigiano reggiano

Authentically Italian, this was decent with a generous scattering of arugula and thinly sliced prosciutto ham.

spotted pig

Spotted Pig ($28)
tomato, mozzarella, spicy pepperoni, pork sausage, applewood smoked bacon, pecorino

I liked the name of the dish to order it without hesitation – sure sounded better than it tasted. Spot the pig! In the sausage and bacon and that's all there is.

The pizza base is thin crust and still ended up slightly soggy with the ingredients piling above. Lacked in flavour though adequately burnt.

Their pizzas are slightly larger than a plate and would feed two nicely without being too stuffed.
This Italian joint is perfect for chilling out and unwinding with plates of sin but the satisfaction level probably will not supercede that of a proper pizza joint. Good alternative, just not great enough for me to travel there for yet another.

Extra Virgin Pizza
Asia Square Tower
#01-04

Comments

  1. In this blog of yours, I found so many interesting themes and even if I did not yet responded to none, you to know that I read them with great interest. Success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so delicious. Hope both of them are completely well now. There are so many my favorite food. When i go to the Asia Square, i don't miss these foods, again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment