Group Therapy Cafe Revisited @ Duxton Road

I lost count loving this place to bits but this visit was different because I had the foggies with me - trying to get them to share my loves is somewhat tough because of the generation gap but nonetheless...we all had fun.

lemon meringue

Lemon Meringue Pie ($6.50)

Perhaps I’m making provisions for the day the lovely ladies decide to strike off their awesome 4-layer Carrot Cake from the menu and I’m trying to find another good alternative in their dessert menu since poppyseed cake has since been permanently removed. 

pie deconstructed

It is a likeable pie, just not swoon-drool-lust-worthy as the carrot cake is. Demure in a flaky pie crust, the lemon curd is not over the top tongue numbing sour but bearably so, in fact quite pleasant and the meringue is well torched without being too sweet. It’s all the niceties that makes this just nice, not awesome.

iced coffee

Iced Latte ($6.50)

coffee

Iced Americano ($5.80)

Both were great caffeine fixes for a lazy afternoon. Group Therapy does pretty awesome coffee but it’s one of those things that they are not that known for.

Group Therapy Revisited
49 Duxton Road

Comments