Full Month Package @ Bengawan Solo


Issuance of Full Month cake vouchers have come a long way. Great for parents who do not want the fuss of getting the cakes delivered and having to head down personally to pass the cakes. I received the voucher way earlier into the year and thankfully for flexibility, the voucher's validity was a year so I could claim it anytime.

For this particular cake choice, the order had to be placed 2 days in advance. Not much of a choice though, just design. Between a blue teddy and pink booties...


Regardless of design, the filling was still the same - Vanilla sponge cake with butter cream. True to its signature, the sponge was fluffy and soft, certainly not as soft of the Japanese sponge but the same old sponge cake that I grew up with. Tradition that defied age, it really tasted the same as it did! I remember my pink 21st birthday cake tasting this way, same goes for all the birthdays that passed and I wanted the cutesy Minnie Mouse or Tweety Bird design.

It suddenly dawned on me, I grew up with Bengawan Solo. Here I am celebrating yet another circle of life with it.

Bengawan Solo

Comments