The French Bakery @ East Coast Road

This little bakery opened quite awhile ago next to Yong's Teochew Kueh. I have made too many mental notes to check it out until Straits Time picked up a story it. Bulgeoning crowds for sure, I avoided heading down for yet another long while...and finally paid it a visit one Sunday.

croissant whole
Croissant ($2)

I was in luck that day as croissants were freshly baked and sitting to cool. Biting into this crisp buttery pastry created a lovely melody of its own - freaking addictive indeed.

croissant

The gummy texture of this croissant and rich buttery aftertaste left me swooning for more. This ain't no Jones The Grocer but for half the price, comes so close I promise.

fig loaf whole
Fig Loaf ($5.50)

This, is the hugely raved about loaf. They have walnut loaf as well but I thought this was a unique sweet one, instead of raisin or cranberry, here's one with figs!

fig loaf

I love figs to death, for its mild sweetness and lovely bite. The loaf was encrusted with tons of these seedy bulbs  - nearly every bite had fig. Texture of bread was really substantial too, great for breakfast or tea.

The French Bakery
148 East Coast Road

Comments