Loong Kee Pastries @ Jalan Alor

long kee

Located along Jalan Alor is Loong Kee, one of the many franchises of this KL-based souvenir shop.

long kee bak kwa

Bak Kwa for you? I was not game enough for them though so early in the morning. Judging from the volume they were barbequeing, I reckon it should be popular.


xin xin xiang ying biscuit

Vegetarian biscuits on sale - I must have missed Mid-autumn too much! These biscuits are filled with lotus paste and at RM 1, I thought they were too cute to resist. Did not fancy the peanut oil aftertaste, a tad artificially sweet as well.

long kee

RM 7.50 for box of 10

Bean paste pastries in rainbow colours got me there. Too dry pastry meets equally dry fillings - certainly not the best eaten. Penang has them better! Of the lot, my favourite goes to the green kaya ones, beats the otherwise dry bean fillings in the rest.

Word has it that their bak kwa and pork floss pack a punch, as well as their bak-kwa-pork-floss bun made on the spot! Damn, should have kept my eyes peeled for that instead.

Loong Kee
Jalan Alor

Comments

  1. Are those Malays handling the BBQ pork with thongs? Am I seeing what I am seeing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaa...well the bak kwa could be chicken!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment