Osia @ Resorts World Sentosa

osia

On a total whim after cancelling a celebratory lunch at Osia, I headed back with a companion whose interest in Osia was equally voracious.

osia

I wish I had time for their famous stonehearth flat breads which look so awesome from afar and dessert too!

crumbed foie gras

Polenta Crumbed Foie Gras
Poached Daikon, Caramelized Banana, Raisin, Rum

foie gras!

Exquisitely plated, my sliver of foie gras was moderately sized. Loved the crumbed texture meets luxurious melt in your mouth liver. Sin-oh-sin I did and with such audacity, I cleaned my plate unabashedly.

hanging aussie tender

Australian Beef Hanging Tender
Creamed Potato, Bacon Onion Mustard Compote, Porto Sauce

I ordered mine medium and the gorgeous pink slices were served. Loved the beef juices that spilled out, loved the pink, loved the meaty bite. Loved the mushrooms - the flavours that came together were brilliant. And the final love goes to creamed potato! I was most expecting a mash but hell no, they were cubed potatoes so awesomely marinated...it was creamed potato cubes.

For the first time in my life, I did not have time for dessert. Why bother with a course lunch if I did not have time, you may ask...yet it was one of those days I wished for something more than cai png or a takeaway sandwich..it's like fulfilling that quickie indulgence within the parameters of time. Trust me, I enjoyed this little time out from work tremendously. 

Service from the start was warm but distant;


The door gets swung so wide instead of being held for both of us to enter, for a nanosecond I thought the doors were automated.


The waitress had issues with our lingo, obviously. Our request for our orders to be "taken" were met with a shellshocked and baffled expression. I have no idea how more plain can a simple expression as "take order" get. It took her a clear 10 seconds to register what we really wanted was to order our food.


It do not get why there is a need for two separate waitresses to come one after another, one with the menu and the other to check for our beverage orders when we had already done so. Throughout the really brief lunch, both kept appearing and thankfully not muddle themselves further. I would very much prefer to have one dedicated waitress as much as possible - if not, just do not repeat what the other did. When the drinks came, the first waitress forgot about cold water after serving my glass of warm...even when she remembered, she totally could not remember who ordered what - haphazardly placing the glass somewhere in the middle.


I do not seek perfect service, at least one without glitches or hiccups will be nice.Service probably is not on the top of their agenda for lunch especially and I did not particularly enjoy it either.

Service aside, I've never quite loved so many things about a 2 course set lunch, a first in fact...if only portions were  a tad more generous...ala carte beckons big time!


Osia 
Resorts World Sentosa

Comments