Maisen Tonkatsu @ Mitsukoshi Departmental Store

maisen @ mitsukoshi

Gobsmacked in the middle of a busy departmental store was THE tonkatsu place we wanted to check out. I had every heart, mind and soul to dropby Maisen for a proper meal. Citing time amongst all the other reasons, I was persistent on trying out any other tonkatsu that came my way to fulfill the nagging crave.

breaded cutlet 1

Pork cutlet which I picked from the row of various pork cuts.

breaded cutlet

Not quite the cut of pork I was looking for, pork chop at least but this was more of mashed pork. That aside, the crumbs were insanely yummy! Guiltless tonkatsu, that's what it is. Bread crumbs were so lightly coated around the patty, each bite was nary oily nor cloying. Best of? I have to agree.

maisen box

I refused to back off even after a filling portion of tonkatsu. They had these prepacked tonkatsu sandwiches which were once again, packed so prettily.

maisen packaging

I have to salute them for all the thoughtfulness put into a snack...even!

maisen sandwiches

Marvel at it - Thick slab of breaded cutlet with plum sauce in a sandwich, served chilled. Not a layer of clotted oil visible, this is by far the most memorable tonkatsu sandwich ever eaten. They found fame in perfecting tonkatsu and though I did not have the honour of tucking into a piping hot bowl of it, I found immense comfort in their takeaways.

http://mai-sen.com/

Maisen

Comments