Hiraboku @ Matsuya Ginza

I was hunting high and low for Maisen and when your days in the city are numbered yet the list of to try is not diminishing as fast as you wish to...you just buy whatever falls in the radar to qualify having "been there and eaten that". This, particularly, applied to tonkatsu and breaded anything I could lay my hands on.

Matsuya Ginza's gourmet floor had a particular shop that sold them...by weight no less. 

breaded croquette at matsuya 2

Going safe with potato croquette (200Yen).
breaded croquette at matsuya

All the mush that reduced me into an instant fan; loved the breadcrumbs best!

breaded cutlet at matsuya1

And how could this deepfried journey be complete without tonkatsu? Black pig no less. (550Yen)

breaded cutlet at matsuya

Oily, crispy, crunchy...then tender cut. It was surely miles better than those available at home yet the amount of oil that was retained was a little over the top.

It was good enough to quell the cravings...but I was still setting my heart and mind on finding Maisen.

http://www.hiraboku.com/

Comments