Hui Lau Shan @ HK Airport

I wanted to look for Hang Fa Lao but ended up at Hui Lau Shan due to time constraints. My last stab at mango dessert, if only they had froyo, white lotus paste buns and roast goose too available...I'd have made the last ditch attempt to gorge on them.

mango ice

Glutinous Rice Balls in Mango Juice with Extra Mango (HKD 34)

Thick mango puree with mango chunks rock this dessert though the same cannot be said of the mango sorbet and glutinous rice balls. Not the best I've tasted on the trip.
mango mochi

Fresh Mango Mochi (HKD 40)

Modelled after our ondeh ondeh, any attempt to resist these orange blobs were futile.
mango mochi bitten

I suppose this isn't quite the season for mangoes as it lacked the fruity sweet punch. Otherwise, it was really just alright.

Hui Lau Shan, a dime too many in Hongkong...it could be the over franchising that caused this to lose some of its finesse from yesteryears.

Hui Lau Shan
Departure Hall
HK Airport
Terminal 1

Comments