Willy Wonka's Dream: Valrhona @ Brussels, Belgium



Valrhona and I was frozen in my tracks..after what was a day's worth of chocolate shopping...Valrhona still managed to get me. Founded in 1922 by a patissier from Rhone Valley, South France. Valrhona chocolate's the equivalent of vanilla beans (boy, the same old adage) when it comes to visual yardsticks for quality..and gold dusts to pricey desserts.
  


Warm service, generous samples, 4 pralines and 2,8   later.


Smooth, redefined. As much as Belgium lays claim to being the country that serves up the bestest chocolate, Valrhona did good to rival that claim. Not too big on their fillings but the milk shells are enough to make me weak in the gut. Variety is limited though suffice for the already indecisive soul. Two options of white were up for grabs.

I was promptly given a discount card to return another day upon the purchase. If only I had time....if only.

http://www.valrhona.com/

Valrhona
Grasmarkt 81
Rue du Marche aux Herbes
Brussel 1000 Bruxelles

Comments

  1. i like the colour of your new layout, its very you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can get valrhona chocolates at 360 marketplace at ion. the last time i went, there were samples too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum! Haha I love Valrhona Chocolates -- Only used them for baking though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ stargirl: yes I know! somehow the one in brussel's is more welcoming.

    @ harris: haha, thank you!

    @ glenn: wow, you bake! You shd try their gourmet chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice layout!

    Interested in a durian buffet soon? Lay Sian got craving for it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ daniel: heyyyyy! argh..i think we'll pass this time. :( go try and let me know if it's good! I tried the durian eclair and mousse cake recently...the cake's still as good but the eclair is really just a huge durian puff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment