Willy Wonka's Dream: Corne Port-Royal Chocolatier @ Belgium, Brussels


If there is one place on earth that can possibly reduce me into a hopeless starry-eyed school girl, it had to be Galeries Royales St Hubert. Not for the celebrities, neither was it for droolworthy labels...enter the world of chocolate, something Willy Wonka would have been uber proud of. For a moment, it felt unreal...as if I stepped into a fictitious world of imagination.


Stealing a snap before the chocolatier screeches at me in unfathomable french.


Come hither, the shelf beckons.

Request for a sample and the sour faced lady grumbles under her breath in such stoicness, I felt as if I committed a crime.

Ask for a bag to make your selections and she breaks into a warm smile.


The dark side...

Amandin - Almond Flavoured Praline
Philippe - Ganache, Praline (Heart Shaped)
Romeo - Praline with Honey

The white knights...

Manon Blanc - Buttercream with Walnut
Manon Bresilenne - Fresh Cream with Bresilenne



Rochers Blanc - Praline Croquant
Rocher Noir - Crunchy Praline

I would not mind getting locked up in a shop like this, heavenly bites of aphrodisiacs. Pick wisely though, cream chocolates are acquired. I happen not to hugely love them.

Chocolates (7,92€)

http://www.corne-port-royal.be/index.php



Corne Port-Royal Chocolatier
Galerie de la Reine, 5
1000 Bruxelles

Comments