Max Brenner 2 @ Esplanade

Hardcore would probably be the word to describe my eating habits these days. Within a span of a week and a half, I've made repeats to some places to check out those I missed out..Max Brenner's one of those. A half an hour wait is dreadful even by the shopping queens standards.






















Eighties Milkshake ($11)
Thick milkshake made with vanilla and chocolate cream topped with a floating scoop of vanilla icecream covered with crunchy chocolate


Certified better than the hot beverages I attempted previously. The hot comes across as way too sweet, the cold locks in the rich chocolate taste nicely, a nice control of sugar here..even with a scoop of icecream attempting to shock the body with a lethal sugar overdosage.























Waffles Tutti ($15)
Warm waffles topped with strawberries,  blueberries and chocolate chunks. Served with toffee bananas, vanilla icecream and warm melted chocolate sauce


Waffles versus crepes and waffles won. For once amongst the many times I actually did not cave into other temptations, I stuck firmly with my waffles order.

The service or lack of it struck.

"Can I replace the chocolate sauce with white chocolate sauce?"

"We don't have white chocolate sauce."

"Oh, I'll go for Waffles Tutti then but I want to replace the chocolate chunks with..."

Before I could even finish, the sweet young thing of barely 20 snapped "I already said we do not have white chocolate sauce!"

And all I wanted was to replace chocolate chunks with WHITE chocolate chunks which they obviously had and after the walawalabingbang, it was replaced. If it had not been for the waffles I wanted so badly to try and being the worrywart I am about waitresses spitting in my food, I'd have given her two waffles worth of criticism.























It arrived all pretty and delicious..strawberries and berries never fail to dress up any dessert. The waffles I have been hemming and hawing and waiting all night for were in short: Crispy without the fluff. Overbaked at some parts. My favourite vanilla beans were missing from the icecream, yelling obviously Magnolia or Wall's.  It ended up soggier from the soaking in caramel and icecream faster than expected. In a waffle-shell: Not such a great deal, afterall.

Sigh, prettier to look at than to eat.


So that wraps up the much anticipated waffle treat at Max Brenner's. I may not return for the crepes despite the yummish outlook.

Max Brenner
Esplanade

Comments