The Lobby Lounge @ Marriott Hotel

I've somehow always left Marriott out of the picture whenever I crave a good cake or just a place to lounge around on a lazy weekend. Random or not, the food bloggers made The Lobby Lounge our latest conquest to satisfy the dessert craving we never seem to satiate.



Rich Chocolate ($5.90)
Milk and dark chocolate mousse

With all the flavours, it was just plain chocolate to me. The macaron was truly ornamental, way too sweet in fact.




Lychee Mousse ($6.90)
Lychee Mousse, Kirch, Sponge Finger, Contains alcohol

Alcohol was barely tasted and until I read the tag much later did I realise there was alcohol added. Light lychee mousse on a layer of fluffy sponge and topped off with plump lychees, the kind you'd find in lycheetinis. I adore how the mousse was balanced so delicated on top of the equally airy fairy sponge. A close second favourite!



Strawberry Cheesecake ($6.90)

Soft cheesecake with strawberry jelly, nothing to shout about. The cheese somehow soaked through the thin layer of sponge at the bottom.



Opera ($7.90)

The first opera attempted that has crunchy hazelnut feuilleutine missing. Came across as a multitude of chocolate-nespresso layers.




Cherry Michelle ($5.90)
Chocolate almond cake crumbs, black cherries

Tasted just like banana cake without much surprise.



Strawberry Tart ($6.90)

Sweet-sour strawberries perched on top a crunchy tart base flavoured with almond paste. I liked this best of the tea time cakes attempted.




Easter Bun ($3)

For Easter's sake and largely because I hadn't had an Easter egg yet..I insisted on ordering one. Like a bread nest cuddling onto a large beautifully painted egg, the chewy bread was a richer version of hot cross buns will chockfuls of raisins and dried fruit embedded. Almost like Kinder Eggs without surprise, the dark chocolate shell was empty. Pretty to look at, ordinary to eat.

There were two kinds of easter buns on sale, one with milk chocolate egg and the other with hard boiled egg. I figure it would be surprising indeed to crack open a supposed chocolate egg to have runny yolk flowing out.

Through the 2 over hour tea session, it's most interesting to know how fast their cakes and pastries are lapped up so enthusiastically by like minded tea folks or people who takeaway. There were at least 2 refills of cakes and each time, they were swiped off the shelves hastily.

The Lobby Lounge is a modest place for high tea though the company was what made it enjoyable.

Pictures taken with Nikon D5000.

Lobby Lounge
Marriott Hotel

Comments

  1. It's hard-boiled egg phoebe, so I doubt there would be runny yolk haha. But I still wonder how odd that would taste...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first hunt for a good chocolate cake even before the birth of my blog, Marriott was one of the few I bought home and the orange chocolate cake was completely disappointing. Since then, I have left out Marriott, particularly after another round of disappointment at the hotel buffet.

    I think I was busy talking till I think I didn't take a bite of the Rich Chocolate. Guess the Lychee Mousse and Strawberry Tart has steal all my attention.

    Must bug Harris for more dessert outings... where the yums, clicks and laughter meet >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ harris: haha, yes I know...but runny egg would "seem" more delicious...but honestly, it's all about getting used to..like pancakes with scrambled eggs and bacon..the mere thought still puts me off but i reckon they taste good.

    @ fen: heh, next time we should practise a one minute silence rule to try all the cakes before talking...so neither of us would miss any of the cakes! =P Yeah!! More outings pleaseee..more or less shd be in june..since mr chai's flying off on the nite of his last paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am looking for the chocolate mousse cake that has a hard layer of what taste like fudge from the Marriott Hotel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment