Jin Hua @ Maxwell Market



I realised that queues say alot about the stall...it took me a while longer to realise the waiting time in the queue is a better gauge of the popularity of the stall. I attempted Jin Hua at night and over lunch, both were equally harrowing experiences in terms of queue time. Set aside at least 30 minutes, 20 minutes if you are lucky.



I was so bent on trying the fried fish soup but my order was muddled up. Just as well, so I can try both the fried and white fish a try. This has clear soup, the fish slices are rather thin but the broth was tasty..as if boiled for hours. The flavourful soup is a clear winner here.



I prefer the Fried fish soup better. The fish slices are thicker and had more bite than the White Fish. The milky soup however was not as flavourful as the clear soup. Otherwise, both are equally yummy and different from the rest of the fish soups around...which fully justifies the long wait.

Jin Hua
Maxwell Market

Comments