Maxim's Takeaway

Many moons ago during my 1st trip to Hongkong I fell in love with Maxim's cakes. Buttercake it was then, I'd even go to the extent of lugging back slabs of buttercakes...troubled people far and wide to lug them back for me just to satiate the craving, until one fine day when they tweaked the winning recipe a little with a dash of coconut. I stopped eating it altogether.

Maxim's is Hongkong's version of Bengawan Solo...signature of their country and widely successful with more than just bakeries.



Yam cake (HKD 4)

The delicious shade of purple's too hard to resist. Light fluffy spongecake with finger licking good flavoured buttercream, tasted more of those I can get at our local bakeries.




Buttercake (HKD 4)


This is it that stole my heart years back...re-attempting it..nope, I was not sold. It still had the coconuty essence in it. Otherwise, it's a moist buttercake.

Maxim's

Comments