Millie's @ Hongkong Airport



Millie's is a UK based cookie brand that opened its first store at Selfridges in 1985. Finally it came to our shores in Terminal 2 but I did not have a chance to try it...until the Hong Kong trip, talk about weird sometimes. It's like how we go overseas to have Hainanese Chicken Rice or even Bee Cheng Hiang Bak Kwa. So I grabbed these en route home.



Banana Toffee Cookie (HKD 15)

I've got a self-proclaimed weakness for banana and toffee and better still, if there's a sugar overload. It smelt heavenly and easy to tease apart. The chewy soft cookie was so fragrant, I couldn't resists taking extra whiffs of it. Quite different from the chewy cookies found in Singapore, this is not as thick and had a toffee kind of stickyness. I consider it quite pricey with its SGD 3 price tag. The flavours are aplenty and equally diabeties-inducing; Coconut and White Chocolate, Toffee Pecan...what about raspberry and white chocolate?



Raspberry Ripple Muffin (HKD 16)

Moving onto the Muffin, I opted for Raspberry Ripple though the Banana was also signalling out to me. Another fragrant product from Millie's, it's so addictively fragrant...I think I must have looked like a muffin sniff-addict taking in additional whiffs from the colourful paperbag. The wonderfully moist and crumbly muffin puts to shame the other muffin shops I've tried. Main grouse was the raspberries that were a tad sour. Otherwise, between the muffin and cookie, the muffin's a better deal.

Move over Mrs Field's!

http://www.milliescookies.com/

Millie's Cookies
Hongkong Airport
Terminal 1

Comments