Fishballs @ Hongkong



When in Hongkong, eat as the Hongkies do...I've come to believe that streetfood best represents a country's cuisine, after the most upsetting and regretful decision of not attempting any streetfood in Korea, I made sure I did so this time...in true Telly style, 旦! The sis was most tempted to try frozen siewmai from 7-11 just because her favourite HK Stars were usually eating them in the serials.



All for HKD 10, half doused in curry, half original and served piping hot. The tendency of fishballs is interesting, dense and chewy like dough, very much different from our springy bouncy balls here. Seems like loads of flour was used. I very much preferred the tastier curry to the original.

Another experience of their rude service rendered. Entirely new to streetfood or these sticks of food (LokLok they're called in SG), people were just buying them in throngs and I really wanted to try abit of everything and (yes I should not have) asked if I could mix and match. Their definition of it? One stick of everything and not my understanding of one piece of it. And so, it started of a (near) shouting match of "How to match everything blahblahblah". That's the problem with their mainland chinese helpers, don't ever get them started, they REALLY cannot stop! More of these in other posts, yes...it IS quite an experience dealing with them.

That aside, streetfood...the other hot favourites which we lacked the stomach space to try are mini egg waffles and smelly tofu (did not spy any!).

Streetfood
Nightmarket

Comments