Perla's Pastry Boutique Takeaway


"Perla's at Takashimaya's Food Square!" hissed a fellow dessertaholic gf in another tip off. Perla's main shop is at Jalan Binka, which I've not quite figured out where! Takashimaya had a "Love Italy" promotion last week.



Generous samples of chantilly, chocolate pear tart, almond cookies, chocolate salami and meringues were given out.



I stood at the revolving dessert display for ages, staring intently at the desserts. Beautiful works they are..



Ooh soo girly.



Chantilly Al Cioccolato Bianco, $5.80

Was quite delighted to find slices of this much talked about cake on sale. Outwardly it's a beauty, all things cream coloured; the white chocolate curls, off white cream, off white sponge cake...put together. Taste wise, I've to admit I was disappointed. The spongecake was soggy, cream was clumpy and slightly heavy to taste, somewhere in the middle of the slice, the sponge and cream were frozen despite the journey home. Above all, I was only blown away by the rum. It's one cake with a decent amount of rum, enough for the alcoholic in me to say "Mmm."

The gf who tried both the cake in whole and slice concurred. The cake tastes so much better than sliced. Maybe the sliced ones are gotten from the older whole cakes, my only consolation.

Whole cakes start from $18.80 for 5".



Fig Tart, $10.80

5 inches of tart heaven. The magic of this lies in the tart, buttery and crumbly; for once I'm loving buttery tart bases. The runny custard-honey-fig filling wasn't too sweet, not too over cloying. Figs are acquired taste but I love them so this dessert worked for me, more so than the chantilly.

Other tart options are Apple and Cinnamon, Berries and Chocolate Pear.

Pricey italian desserts these are but I'll give the fig tart props. And yes, the very girly-pink packaging that comes with it.

http://www.valentino.sg/index.html

Perla's Pastry Boutique
7 Jalan Bingka

Comments

  1. Pretty surprising that there is inconsistency between the whole and sliced version of the chantilly al cioccolato bianco...

    I like the combination of rum, vanilla sponge and the light chantilly cream; almost finished the entire 5" all on my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully there's a difference betw the sliced and whole, if the whole tastes the way the sliced tastes I wouldn't consider getting it again!

    The combination is scrumptious I must say, shd've gone ahead with the whole cake! *dang*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment